21 October 2015

Welcome to the jungle........

I love a good animal print. Bold and brash, you're guaranteed to feel as fierce as the animal that inspired it. As someone who tends towards 'in your face' outfits an animal print always fits the bill. Yes, they can be trashy but I don't think that's a bad thing. Sometimes you just want to feel unapologetically bad-ass!

When I saw the Deadly Dames tiger print cigarette pants, I fell in love. Cue months of checking the PUG website everyday to see if they had been restocked. I was signed up to the email alert on them but you never know I might have got there a few minutes sooner! You know what it's like when you see something you just have to have no matter what the cost, effort or the fact that it quite possibly won't suit your body shape. All that went out the window the moment I saw them and they are finally mine (insert evil villain cackle here....)

Boom - power stance!


I'm not usually a huge fan of trousers as I tend to carry my weight on my thighs and tummy but I had to make an exception for these. High-waist, tapered to the ankle and all in a killer tiger print.

These trousers are a cotton-spandex mix and are super skinny fit. After reading lots of helpful reviews on the website from other PUG girls I went with the Medium. They are a bit tight for me on the thighs as predicted but I was just happy to be able to get them up! Be warned there is very little stretch to the fabric so if in doubt size up in these!



They fasten with a small zip and a button at the back. This confused me completely at first when I put them on back to front (no excuses I'm just slow). Every time I've worn these since I got them has involved far too much growling and probably made drunk me a little bit sassier than my usual silly drunk self. 

These are currently available in every size except Medium and go up to a 4X. At $82 they're very reasonable for PUG. If anyone wants to get me the matching top for Christmas then that would be just fine! The combo looks absolutely amazing on the gorgeous Michelline Pitt (the Deadly Dames designer and all-round superwoman) - take a look......


The trousers also come in a range of plain colours, leopard print, harlequin print and a new houndstooth print. They're a Deadly Dames staple so if they don't have the size you want in your chosen fabric it's worth adding yourself to the waitlist. After all when you fall in clothes-love any wait is worth it ; )

When wearing tiger print one must crawl around on one's bedroom floor and growl - it's the law.
What do you think - are animal prints too brash? Or do we all need a bit of brash now and again?!


*All photos by the lovely Sally Molineaux



No comments:

Post a Comment