13 October 2015

Sweet dreams with Glamour Bunny

Is it just me or has Autumn snuck up on us? It seems I've barely blinked between choosing sundresses and having to take my winter coat in for repairs!

The leaves are really amazing shades at my work at the moment and I'm taking great pleasure in the rustle as I cycle over piles of fallen gold and red. Despite the fact I'm a summer girl at heart and hate the drop in temperature there's something kind of magical about this time of year. Perhaps it's the witchy darkness creeping in or the tinkle of Christmas slowly approaching (or just the knowledge we can get the really dressy clothes out for party season) but the change of season always seems exciting. 

Having said that my post today is holding on to the summer for just a little bit longer. Pale lemon layers, delicate white lace, I give you the Glamour Bunny Lulu night set.....


Isn't it just every retro girls dream? Nightwear is mostly overlooked on the vintage and repro scenes yet I bet we've all spent time scouring eBay looking at old nighties! There's something about a baby doll night dress that conjures up vintage romance and, indeed, glamour.




Glamour Bunny has two different night sets in stock at the moment, the Lulu and the Fifi, and they're both currently on sale for £36 down from £48. Have you noticed I like a bargain!

I chose the Lulu as it has a softer, dreamier look to it, whereas the Fifi is full on sass. I also really loved this pale yellow. I'm not usually a huge fan of such light, girly colours but I thought this would go great with my hair and it's not a colour you see very much of. 

The set consists of a babydoll nightdress and matching gown. Both are fully lined and feature white lace and yellow ribbon detailing.



The material is mostly polyster but it feels light and soft due to the free waist and hips of the nightdress and the gathered sleeves on the gown. I went for a size Small for these reasons as I feared a gaping bust if I sized up! 

As soon as I opened the parcel I couldn't wait to put them on and pretend I was part of the Grease girls sleepover! That film was a serious part of my childhood people! And actually that's one of the best parts of retro and vintage, to feel like you're playing a part, re-creating something lost. A kick-ass pencil skirt suit can make you feel like a 40s femme fatale and a full circle dress can make you feel like you're off to the prom. It's all playing dress-up really and that's what makes it fun!

Not sure how this posing lark would have gone down with Rizzo....
If you too would like to have a little nostalgic make-believe n your life, get over to Glamour Bunny and snap up one of the remaining nightwear sets - then let's all have a sleepover!


All photos by the lovely Sally Molineaux




No comments:

Post a Comment