6 October 2015

Oh Erika!

I don't think it's a secret that Pin Up Girl Clothing are one of my favourite brands.

They have a huge range of pin-up products, quick delivery (from the States), the quality is always outstanding and they have some of the best sales around. If you are not already signed up to their newsletter DO IT NOW! You'll get new product notifications and will be the first to hear about the sales where you can pick up some treasures for a fraction of their original prices. This also means that you can take a chance on something you might not be too sure about. I did exactly that with the Erika Dress....


I'd fallen in love with the print but don't tend to go for anything quite so figure hugging. I was also concerned that it was so dressy I'd never wear it (forgetting how easy it is to find reasons to wear beautiful dresses!). It hit the sale at half price for $60 in the last online yard sale so I went for it and I love, love, love it! 

The fit is perfect. I chose a Small and with minimal shapewear it clings but flatters. Here I just had some trusty Spanx underneath (which you couldn't see through the dress despite being black).

It's the details that really make this dress though.





The print I got was Vintage Red Rose, sumptuous red and orange roses on a white background with dark green leaves. Ruching around the bust creates a flattering shape and would work especially well for bustier ladies! The velvet bow beneath the bust is an extra cute detail that breaks up the pattern a little.



The back features a kick-pleat, giving you room to move as well as a classic chic look.



Did I mention it comes with a matching Bolero? 



I was worried this would be too tight on my arms due to some dabbling in weight-lifting but it fit perfectly. I have relatively broad shoulders so this might be something to consider when thinking about sizing - the Bolero was a lot more snug than the dress. 


Although this version is no longer on the site the Erika dress is available in three other colourways -  Vintage Rose which is a soft pink on a dark grey background, Yellow Rose (in plus size too) which is a yellow rose on a white background, and Yellow and Plum Rose (in plus size too) which is a purple rose on a yellow background. Just search 'Erika' on the site. Although currently all full price at $120 dollars these are show-stoppers that would be ideal for a special occasion, I've used more pictures than usual today simply because I was happy with every single one in this dress, not a fault of my wonderful photographer but my own pickiness. This is a classic, classy and elegant dress that will definitely turn heads and continues my love affair with all things PUG.





*All photography by the lovely Sally Molineaux








No comments:

Post a Comment