15 July 2015

Cheat your way glamourous....

As an eternal chameleon, a lazy styler, and someone who has always wanted to shave my head, wigs really appeal to me. I love how simple it is to make a dramatic change and continually surprise people. They're also a real time saver. Seriously - 5 minutes to put your hair on rather than closer to an hour or more if doing a pin curl set.

While not particularly pin-up or retro in styling I do think the right wig can look great with a pin up look or just as alternative fashion. After discovering Geisha Wigs this year I've started to wear them more as they have such a great, good quality collection and at around £25 per wig are very affordable. Sadly, Geisha Wigs are closing down so there aren't many styles left but you might be able to grab a bargain on the site or over on EBay.

Wigs are great for keeping my hair in good condition since I've gone green as it saves a wash or two. They are also a life saver for last minute jaunts when you need to look your best in a hurry. Let's face it, the impromptu nights out are always the most fun!

Below I am wearing Black Ombre, Precious Metal, Silver Ombre and Cascade. All by Geisha Wigs.What do you think? Can a wig work with a retro look or are these best kept for other styles?






First 3 photos by the lovely Sally Molineaux. Last photo - terrible mirror selfie (sorry, not sorry)






No comments:

Post a Comment