10 September 2015

Cuban Heat!

Following on from my last post here's another little beauty that I meant to write about for ages and haven't really had much chance to wear yet (plus also being a little bit scared about the amount of leg it exposes!).

Introducing the Cuban Heat Ruffle Romper by The Oblong Box Shop..............


The Oblong Box Shop are an American online retailer with an emphasis on bright and bold retro inspired fashion. Browsing their website is a colour injection that can't help but make you smile. Their novelty print skirts are a must for fans of kitsch and chessecake styles and they stock a great range of block coloured tops so that you can match any outfit. They have also introduced a range of men's button-downs and t-shirts. I've always found it strange that there isn't more stuff out there for the retro fellas so it's nice to see some options for them! 

I couldn't resist the playful yet relaxed look of this playsuit. Compared to a lot of my wardrobe which is pretty dressy this feels more casual but still glam and works well for transition from day into evening wear - something you can't always say for pin up style clothing!


As you can see it's pretty short! Something which I usually avoid but the wide neckline helps to balance out your bottom half if this is something you're nervous about. I'll admit that I did first wear this with leggings but with a pair of heels on the length isn't quite so scary.

It's a simple piece but I love the bright colour. I don't own much blue but since I went green with the hair it's something I've tried to wear more of as I love the colours together. The neckline is the only detail you need and gives a more demure edge to it than some other playsuits as it covers the bust. Personally with something this short I couldn't cope with also having a low neckline so it's a good gateway playsuit if you will!



As the fabric is stretchy I went for a Small and it fits perfectly. While I had to pay shipping costs these weren't too high and I didn't get any random extra customs charges so for something I will probably wear holiday after holiday I'm pretty damn happy. 


While this style is now sold out they have a lovely range of Hawaiian playsuits in stock and the Copa Cobana dress, which has a similar feel around the neckline but with much more length, is now in the sale in five different colourways! I'll definitely be ordering again!


All photos by the lovely Sally Molineaux


No comments:

Post a Comment